From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Environment setting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've encountered a problem while opening a VI file that was send through mail stating that the dependancies were wrong. How can i go about solving this issue? Attached is a png file of the situation. I've tried reconnecting the connector pane but to no avail as some of the controls are not in the front panel (which i suspect is hidden) 

Thanks (desperately needs help) 
Jarrold 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,478 Views)

I suspect you don't have the Drivers installed in the system, where you trying to access the file.

Make sure you have drivers installed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jarr1993

It is also possible that you have a different version of the driver where the pinout is different (where did these vi came from, from a supplier or in-house, was it modified?). Usually you right-click them and select relink to subVI (or something similar). You might have to rewire after.

Ben64

Message 3 of 5
(2,424 Views)

Starting in LaVIEW 2014 or so, if you hover over a missing VI with the context help open it will tell you where it believes the VI should be on disk.  This can help you understand what toolkit or library it is apart of and how to find it, or if it is just part of a users documents folder, which means it may have been deleted, moved, renamed, or not copied.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,400 Views)

Thanks a lot! The manufacturer indeed miss out a vi when sending it to me. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,361 Views)