From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Systems

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need some help with this code.
I'm fairly new to LabVIEW, and I'm currently stuck on one task that I'm working on.
I don't want to receive completed code back, just a little guidance on what I can do to make this work.

I've attached the subVI and I'm having some trouble understanding how to make the sensor configuration work as intended. It should be possible to delete and add "sensors" here, but I'm stuck.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(798 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gingerface

Well, I don't have your database or your toolkit, but I see the following problems:

• All you probably need is get the sensor list from the database before the loop and have only an event structure (no need for case structure and states, etc.) with an event for each possible user interaction.
  • Once you add or delete sensors, should that be written back to the database?
  • Notice the coercion dot? Your decimal string to number should output U16.
  • Index array is resizable and if you want the elements in order, you don't even need to wire the indices.
  • What's the purpose of the "strings&values" property node? There is no corresponding control....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(774 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gingerface

See if this (highly simplified!) can possibly give you some ideas....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(763 Views)

Thank you for the reply 😊

Yes, I use the lecturer's SQLToolkit in this problem.

Yes that will be written back to the database. 

Yeh, I was just traying something, removed that part of the code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(695 Views)

Thank you 😊

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(678 Views)