cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data base and labview

Solved!
Go to solution

hi everyone,

i have a Data Base created with Microsoft SQL Server, i want to create a connection with labview. The Data base have an .mdf extension , can u guys help me with an example to connect and to read & write data using labview

thnks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,167 Views)

Everything you want to know about connection string (and a lot you don't want to know) can be found here:

https://www.connectionstrings.com/sql-server/

As for an example, what toolkit are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,131 Views)

Hi,

Follow the below two steps to read / write between MSSQL Server and LabVIEW.

1. Create ODBC connection.

2. Use LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolkit to Read / Write (Refer Example code).

Sivaraj M.S
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,117 Views)

thnks for the answers, i tried to create an UDL, Select "Tools" and "Create Data Link",  but when i select the provider which is SQL Server Native Client 10.0 and after that i click "refresh" i don't find the server. Any explanation for that??

PS : the statut of my server is "connected" Microsoft SQL Management Studio

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,098 Views)

Type it manually. That happens to me also. Just type the name of the server, as it appears when you open SQL Management Studio. Then

proceed filling up the rest of the fields. If the server is read correctly, tables should appear on the field. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,085 Views)

hi JLuna,

i tried to type it manually but nothing changed 😞 , the DATABASE didn't appear on the field . what should I do???

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,059 Views)

He mend (I think) to open an example, and manually edit the connection string in the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,056 Views)

hi wiebe@CARYA

no i don't think so, he mend to type the server manually in the fields of getting the UDL file in the tools

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,046 Views)

Well, since that's not working, you might try the other way.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,034 Views)

i don't unterstand , the server is connected in sql management studio but it doesn't appear in labview when i want to create the UDL link, i tried to type it manually but nothing changed . i'm blocked :'(

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,031 Views)