From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Entry Maximum and Minimum affects all objects on front panel?

I don't have 8.6.1, but I gotta wonder if this was caused by someone trying to fix another bug and screwing up. 😄

Well, at least the functionality still works.  For some reason I always find bugs in a program right away.  Maybe I should try and get a job at NI :P.

Is there anyway I can submit bugs to NI, as oppose to starting threads in the forum?

Message 12 of 46
(2,574 Views)

Will S. wrote:
Thank you all for bringing this to our attention. A CAR has been made and R&D is looking into this issue.

Please post the CAR#.

Thank you,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 46
(2,569 Views)
CAR# 147435 was created for this issue. Thanks again for posting your findings, all of your contributions help.
Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
Message 14 of 46
(2,541 Views)

Will S. wrote:
CAR# 147435 was created for this issue. Thanks again for posting your findings, all of your contributions help.

That CAR was tagged as duplicate. The new CAR is  147779.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 46
(2,508 Views)
Thanks Ravens!  The directions in the article is essentially what I've done for the critical controls (heater/pressure set points).
Message 17 of 46
(2,445 Views)
Dude (Raven) why don't you make ammends for NI here and actually write the utility the does this for any control clicked on.
Message 18 of 46
(2,396 Views)

tst wrote:

I don't have 8.6.1, but I gotta wonder if this was caused by someone trying to fix another bug and screwing up. 😄

Would seem odd to me. The error you see here is probably that someone had both the caption and label visible but aligned above each other  when displayed with all fonts being default. Fixing this should be a matter of hiding the Labels of all controls affected and only leave the Captions visible. Strange that this did not come up during testing of the foreign language versions of LabVIEW, though.

The error we see here is that the enumeration of the control reference to get the according properties seems to be messed up. According to the KB article the range properties shown are always from the same control no matter what control was selected. I find it strange though that this would only affect the Range properties as the properties dialog does get an array of property references to operate on and they should be the same for all tab pages!

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 19 of 46
(2,385 Views)

Well, I wasn't seriously considering it, hence the smiley.

My understanding of the issue there is that someone used the same text both as the app font and as the dialog font. If it's the caption and the boolean text and both are localizable, it would not be noticable in foreign versions, only when you change either font (which is what I did). It should be an easy fix and was probably implemented in 8.6.1 if NI had the time, although I haven't looked.