LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Dashboard for LabVIEW with ad-hoc wifi?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We have a laptop and we run a LabView control and DAQ program on it. We would like to access some of the indicators' values via an android tablet, so during some manual valve operation on our facility, we could remotely see what happens with some measured values in our LabView application.

The ethernet port is not available on this laptop, it is used for a sensor. It has wifi and bluetooth adapter. What would be the simplest solution to access the LabView app on this laptop from the Android device using the "Data Dashboard for LabView" android app? For security reasons, this laptop cannot access internet, but of course we could just put a wireless router near (and not connect it to internet), and the laptop and the android tablet would access the same wifi network. I guess this should work, yes?

Or is it possible to do an ad-hoc wifi connection between the laptop and the tablet and use the DataDashboard? Anyone has experiance with such a solution?

Last question: or what about a bluethooth connection? Could it work?

Thanks very much for advice!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,562 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

Hi Blokk,

I would recommend to connect your tablet like you discribed.
_________

|                   | ----> Cable Network ---> Sensor

| DAQ App  |

| Windows | ---> WiFi ----> access point ---> Tablet

|                   |

---------------

I don't think that it is possible to use bluethooth with the Data Dashboard App for Android. I don't found any information about bluethooth, only for WiFi.

Regards, Stephan

Message 2 of 3
(2,497 Views)

thanks for info!

Yes, probably we just get a cheap wifi router to use it as an access point. It is even better, since multiple tablets/smart phones can be used to access LabView data remotely.

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,490 Views)