Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello friends,

Hope you are doing good!

Myself Rahul. I just started using LabVIEW.

I have been assigned a project wherein my LabVIEW application continuously acquires data from 10 customised controllers. The controllers sends data using MQTT protocol in JSON string form. Previous developer have used producer - consumer design pattern. He tried one queue for data acquisition.

The code doesn't run in real-time , but it should. Can you help me out here.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(807 Views)

Please define your understanding of "Real-time" pertaining to your application.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 4
(757 Views)

When controller send signal, it should display on my application within half a second. Half second suffice the need.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(732 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul2494

A quick review of the code architecture does not show any signs of inefficient code that could slow down your acquisition. A decent producer-consumer architecture with queues and the MQTT packets are user events.

Do you know the latency of the MQTT packets?

You would need to debug further to narrow down the root cause. Without actual hardware to try, it would not be possible to help further. Let's see if others find any potential causes.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(686 Views)