cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL not working in windows XP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am the new user here. I am using LabVIEW 8.6. When i converted the VI in to DLL working fine in Windows 7 but not in Windows XP.

i can't understand why it is like that. Please help me....

Thanks

Sivabalan.V 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,953 Views)
Show us what you have. We can't possibly guess what of the 500 zillion things that could go wrong, have been your issues.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,947 Views)
What are you getting a error message , a crash???  As rolfk has said post your vi\dll and give some description...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,936 Views)

Hi,

Thanks Rolf and muks for reply. The Dll which is created by LabVIEW was called through .NET. Here i have attached the Error message details. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,923 Views)
The message is quiet straight forward right? Do you have the runtime engine installed?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,919 Views)
Ya,i am installed the runtime engine 8.6 in windows XP system and windows 7 .But the problem is the DLL can't be able to load in windows XP.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,912 Views)
Solution
You might not have installed the full featured runtime engine but only the reduced one for remote front panels and such. Maybe your Windows 7 system has other NI software installed which did also install the full featured runtime. So check on the NI site for the full runtime. It is a download of around 100MB.
Message Edited by rolfk on 03-18-2010 11:53 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,893 Views)

Ok rolfk,

Again i will check all and come back. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,888 Views)