cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL not working in windows XP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am the new user here. I am using LabVIEW 8.6. When i converted the VI in to DLL working fine in Windows 7 but not in Windows XP.

i can't understand why it is like that. Please help me....

Thanks

Sivabalan.V 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,942 Views)
Show us what you have. We can't possibly guess what of the 500 zillion things that could go wrong, have been your issues.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,936 Views)
What are you getting a error message , a crash???  As rolfk has said post your vi\dll and give some description...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,925 Views)

Hi,

Thanks Rolf and muks for reply. The Dll which is created by LabVIEW was called through .NET. Here i have attached the Error message details. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,912 Views)
The message is quiet straight forward right? Do you have the runtime engine installed?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,908 Views)
Ya,i am installed the runtime engine 8.6 in windows XP system and windows 7 .But the problem is the DLL can't be able to load in windows XP.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,901 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author சிவபாலன்
You might not have installed the full featured runtime engine but only the reduced one for remote front panels and such. Maybe your Windows 7 system has other NI software installed which did also install the full featured runtime. So check on the NI site for the full runtime. It is a download of around 100MB.
Message Edited by rolfk on 03-18-2010 11:53 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,882 Views)

Ok rolfk,

Again i will check all and come back. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,877 Views)