LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL file problem in Labview 8.5

Hello,
My name is Itay.
I have tryied to run with labview program who calls  a DLL file but it doesn't work.
I have tried the same with the 7.1 version and succeeded.
Still i need it to work with the 8.5 version.
I'll appreciate your help
Itay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,944 Views)

Hi Itay,

which dll do you want to call? Do you have a special one? Attached is an example using a dll call with LV8.5.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 04-01-2008 04:43 PM
Message 2 of 18
(3,937 Views)

Hi Mike

The name of this file is "svsidll_dev.dll"

thanks again

Itay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,925 Views)
Hai Itay,

Where from u have downloaded this dll or have you developed this dll by your own with the help of driver development wizard? Could you tell little bit detail what your actual application will do with that dll

Thanks,
Mathan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,894 Views)

Hi,

We bought this DLL from SVSi company to control a detector (specterView).

The problem is that in  LV 8.5 the program (they gave us) reconize the dll file but output the wrong output number (16 instead of 1) so that the program stops.

Using the same Dll file in LV 7.1 works just fine (i.e it outputs 1).

I don't know what is the bug.

Itay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,890 Views)

Hai,

Could you post ur code or just send some screenshots of ur vi so that we can able to reproduce easily.

Thanks

Mathan

Message 6 of 18
(3,887 Views)

Hi Itay,

I have a couple more questions for you.

1. What operating system are you using?

2. Also, what language is the dLL created in (.NET assembly? or C? etc?)?

3. Have you tried running the program on any other version besides LabVIEW 8.5? And, if so, what were the results of those tests?

4. You are expecting a value of 1 and are seeing a value of 16. Did anything else in your setup change between using it in LabVIEW 7 and LabVIEW 8.5?

Just like the others have suggested, it would really help if you posted a screenshot of the block diagram or the actual VI. Also, maybe you can try to create a simple VI  that calls the dLL using the Call Library Function Node and see if you get any other unexpected results. I hope this helps!

Carla

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 7 of 18
(3,864 Views)

Hi Itay,

I have a couple more questions for you.

1. What operating system are you using?

2. Also, what language is the dLL created in (.NET assembly? or C? etc?)?

3. Have you tried running the program on any other version besides LabVIEW 8.5? And, if so, what were the results of those tests?

4. You are expecting a value of 1 and are seeing a value of 16. Did anything else in your setup change between using it in LabVIEW 7 and LabVIEW 8.5?

Just like the others have suggested, it would really help if you posted a screenshot of the block diagram or the actual VI. Also, maybe you can try to create a simple VI  that calls the dLL using the Call Library Function Node and see if you get any other unexpected results. I hope this helps!

Carla

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 8 of 18
(3,864 Views)
Hi, I think I may have a similar problem...

I just started working at this place that has a lot of legacy LV programs that I'm trying to reverse engineer and back up.  The .vi I am trying to open is looking for a xxxx.dll and gives an error of "Error opening xxxx.ini"

I think the .dll was compiled with an older LabView version running on a WinNT box.  The computer I am trying to open the .vi on is XP with LV7.1

Could the OS difference be the problem?  Any suggestions? Thanks.
[[BTW, I can't find the source .vi to recompile the .dll so that's not an option 😞 ]]
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,637 Views)
Got it figured out; thanks though.

I needed the xxxx.ini from old comps path of "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW.  I just copied that file to the new comp's C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1 path and all is good... so far...
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,611 Views)