From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL Expected Exported Functions Not Shown

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I'm trying to call a DLL for writing a special type of files called MDF4 but I do not see the expected exported functions that I need to call when I configure the Call Library Function Node. I managed to register the dll as specified in the documentation and it seems that functions are defined in header but I see only 4 functions in the drop down menu which are not even defined. If I write a name of a function in Function name (like CreateMDF4), parameters are automatically configured just like they are defined in header but I cannot run the VI due to error: Function not found in library.

I also tried to load the dll in a .NET container but could not find it in the list and to import the dll using the wizard but it can see only the 4 functions which could not be wrapped due to missing in header.

Any hints about what else I could try? Thank you!

DLL downloaded from here

LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32bit, W7 64bit

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LucianM

It is ActiveX server dll. Create constant, right click, Select ActiveX class, browse for dll

test mdf4 open.png

Message 2 of 3
(2,063 Views)

I already tried to load the dll using an ActiveX container on the front panel but there is no browse button and I could not see it in the list and thought that this is not the way. Thank you Alexander!

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,012 Views)