From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx subVIs missing from exe application

Solved!
Go to solution

I've read through about 4 or 5 threads describing a similar problem to my own, but none of the solutions offered help me. 

I've written a program using the LabVIEW 2018 trial-edition that works just beautifully until I compile it into an executable and try to run it on any machine, including the development machine.

When I run the executable, I am given a list of errors that all relate to either DAQ-Assist subVIs or property nodes within my code (see attached).

Is this an inherent limitation of the trial edition? The disclosure of limitations on the NI website did not indicate there would be any issue in creating an EXE file with DAQ-Assist VIs in the code. 

Initially, I was running with NI-DAQmx driver package 18.6, but upgraded to 19.0 in hopes it would fix the issue (it hasn't).

Any help is appreciated. It's frustrating to have a program that works perfectly in the IDE but throws over 20 errors when the code is compiled to an EXE file. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,998 Views)

Are you building an installer and include all dependencies and drivers? If not, do the target machine have DAQmx installed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,995 Views)

I am merely compiling an executable and attempting to run it on the development machine right now.  Eventually I will build an installer.

As I said before, the dev-machine has DAQmx 19.0 installed. 

Attached is a screenshot of the project trees.  The SoloSwitchTester_Rev6.vi is the top-level program. I tried placing the other subVIs into "dependencies," but the action was not allowed by the system. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,991 Views)

I don't think there is any limitation with the evaluation version. Can you attach your entire project here? (as a zip file). So I can take a look at it, can you save for LV 2016 by going to the project, file >> save for previous version... and then zipping the output?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,986 Views)

Gregory,

I've attached the project file in its entirety as you requested.  I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,948 Views)

Hi Steve,

I could not find anything that looked terribly wrong with the executable build spec, but I would change a couple of settings. For "Source Files", you only need to put files as "Always Included" if they are called by reference (like if you have a path to the VI and run it by reference). If the VIs are explicitly dropped onto the block diagram, you don't need to always include them.

Capture.PNG

I would also change the "Additional Exclusions" back to default unless the defaults did not work for you for some reason.

Capture2.PNG

I would be surprised if either of these fixed your problems though... I did not notice anything too strange about the block diagrams I glanced it. There were a lot of Express VIs, which I don't have much experience with, but I don't see why they would be a problem.

Message 6 of 12
(2,938 Views)

You need to install the DAQmx driver.  Build the installer and install the dependancies. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,935 Views)
Jeff, he said he can't he can't even run it on the development machine, which is the part that's really making me scratch my head.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,931 Views)

All,

I am starting to think this is actually a limitation of the evaluation version.  When I opened one of my DAQ assistants to examine it this morning, I was greeted by a popup window explaining that I do not have "a valid application license" and that I would not be allowed to declare new DAQ assistant connections for use in an application (I assume this to mean an EXE application) unless I did so from a licensed version. The message also said I would be limited to modifying existing DAQ assistants declared from fully-licensed versions. I would have attached a pic of this error message, but I didn't think to grab one at the time, and I haven't been able to reproduce it. I am hoping to test this theory later this afternoon by re-declaring all my DAQ assistants from a fully-licensed copy and will let you know how it goes. Thank you for all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,913 Views)

Interesting, I found some limitations of the evaluation version, but it says that the application builder should work, you will just see a watermark.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,910 Views)