LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx is not visible in the Measurement I/O palette

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently installed LV2009 on a colleague's machine (Windows 7 32-bit) and DAQmx does not show up in the Measurement I/O palette. I downloaded DAQmx 9.0 and tried to install it, but received an error saying 9.0 or a higher version was already installed.

Where is DAQmx hiding?

-Andrew

Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(21,703 Views)

Did you install NI-DAQmx Full, the Configuration Runtime, or the Core Runtime?  Only DAQmx Full includes the API functions.  You can confirm which version you have installed by opening Measurement & Automation Explorer and expanding the Software category.  You should see something like the following:

23618i3A86C76ACF4575A6

If you do not see "NI-DAQmx ADE Support", you don't have the full version of NI-DAQmx installed and won't see the palette in LabVIEW.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 22
(21,679 Views)

May be software might not have installed properly,

I also have LV2009 check in the location "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\"

you must have DAQmx folder,

If the folder is present then you must have 3 folders and 4 llb's

Open the MAX software and check what version of DAQ-MX you have, go to add/remove programs in control panel and repair the software.

Also check C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ

Message 3 of 22
(21,676 Views)

Thanks for the tip, Seth. I have everything your snippet has except DAQmx Base 3.4. I do have ADE Support installed.

-Andrew

Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(21,644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author arcranda

For one reason or another the DAQmx Base software didn't get installed and Base provides the APIs. I installed Base and all is well.

Base 3.4 can be found here for anybody with a similar problem.

Andrew
Message 5 of 22
(21,631 Views)

Hi!

I'm having the same problem. DAQ does not appear in the input palette nor in the output pallette. I have both labview7 and labview12, and it appears in neither.

I have read the previous replies, and i seemingly have everything i should need, here's a screenshot:

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Message 6 of 22
(19,664 Views)

Did you install the drivers from the Device Driver DVD that came with your latest version of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(19,653 Views)

DId you install the drivers AFTER installing LabVIEW 2012?  That version is not compatible with LabVIEW 7, so that one doesn't surprise me at all.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(19,646 Views)

Yes, the drivers should all have been installed after installing labview.

I just got the CDs for labview 2013, so i can upgrade and update the drivers and see how it goes.

@crossrulz What do you mean with "That version is not compatible with labview 7" - what version of what?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(19,634 Views)

You do not have LabVIEW 2013.  If they are discs you just got, it is LabVIEW 2012 Service Pack 1.

Each new version of LabVIEW requires an update to the DAQmx drivers.  So installing an older version of the drivers won't work.  The latest version of DAQmx will also only support so many older versions of LabVIEW.  Support for older versions gets dropped.  There is no version of DAQmx that supports both LV 2012 and LV7.

See NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(19,625 Views)