From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx is not visible in the Measurement I/O palette

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I am also facing similar problem. I am not able to see NI Daqmx in Labview.

Labview version: Labview-8

Details of NI-daqmx installed is given in following images,

image01.JPG

But i am unable to find NIdaqmx pallete. Please see image below,

imag02.JPG

Please guide me to get solution to this problem.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(5,775 Views)

DAQmx 9.6 is not compatible with LabVIEW 8.X.  LabVIEW 2009 is the oldest version it supports.  You are going to have to find an older version of DAQmx to work with LabVIEW 8.X.

See this article for more information:DAQmx and LabVIEW Version Compatability

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(5,767 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

yes there was version incompatibility between Labview-8 and NI-DAQMX 9.6. I removed NIDAQMX using Add/Remove programs and installed NI-DAQMX- 8.5. Now i am able to see NI DAQMX pallette in labview!

daqmx1.JPG

Thanks,

Abhishek.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(5,750 Views)

Hope it works for me, downloading now 34%. have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(5,654 Views)

Hi every body,

I have a problem, I downloaded the Daqmx 9.8 and installed it but I do not have the Analog Input and Analog Output palette. My lab view is 2013. what should I do?

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(5,593 Views)

@vahhab wrote:

Hi every body,

I have a problem, I downloaded the Daqmx 9.8 and installed it but I do not have the Analog Input and Analog Output palette. My lab view is 2013. what should I do?

Sounds like you are still used to Traditional DAQ.  DAQmx is mostly made up of Polymorphic VIs.  Drop a DAQmx Write down on your block diagram.  You will notice a drop down menu underneath your node.  Now marvel at all of the functions you can do.  In short, the DAQmx Write and DAQmx Read will both handle any type of DAQ you need (analog input, analog output, digital in, digital out, counter in, counter out, etc.).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(5,585 Views)

You have the correct palette for DAQmx. There is no such thing as an Analog Inpur or Analog Output palette. Perhaps you are confusing DAQmx with the obsolete traditional DAQ palette. That had those palettes. If you have old code with traditional DAQ functions, you should be replacing them with DAQmx. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(5,584 Views)

Thank you very much guys.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(5,578 Views)

It seems that everybody's issue with the DAQmx installation is a valid one..

There is a distinct difference between installing LabVIEW using the DVDs (Development Suite in my case) and downloading LabVIEW and installing the drivers as an additional step thereafter.

I have experienced the same problem as the others and did follow the appropriate instructions posted in several threads and knowledge base.  MAX reports the correct version for DAQmx ADE Support (9.6.2 in my case with LV2012).  However, the pallette is void of any DAQmx on one of the computers.

There is definitely something wrong with the DAQmx installation or link to LabVIEW.  I have installed NI software products 100s of times.  I must have installed LabVIEW 2012 on at least 20 different PC's over the past year, using both the DVDs, downloads, betas, etc..  On various versions of Windows and Linux.  I would not expect to run into a strange issue as this one today, which is why I searched this topic...  Plus the fact that many have reported issues with something that should be very straightforward should bring to light the fact that something is wrong somewere...

The actual issue was the DAQmx folder missing from vi.lib folder.   I resolved the issue manually.  😉

Spoiler
meaning that I simply copied the DAQmx folder from one machine to the vi.lib folder of the machine which was giving me issues...

Message 19 of 22
(5,486 Views)

"Drop a DAQmx Write down"----I am an installer fo the software and have no clue as to what that means. I believe the problem the engineers are having here with the measurment I/O palette not containing analog input is that they were use to using an older version of labview and have jumped to 2015. Can you explain to me what " Drop a DAQmx Write down " is? Thanks..Tim

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(3,870 Views)