LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx 9.7 Errors

Hi Folks,

Running into frustrating DAQmx errors with version 9.7. I use several DAQ devices ranging from cDAQ/RIO to the small USB-6009. None of my devices are detected anymore and I cannot repair, uninstall, or reinstall DAQmx 9.7. The following error is always encountered:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Any ideas? All of my Win7 64-bit machines are fine with DAQmx 9.7 except for one. I am struggling to resolve this.

Thanks,

-JD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,530 Views)

Hi JDfromRI,

Do you have an active virus scanning utility? In some cases, virus scanning software can interfere with driver installation, as documented in this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/334E91287EDEA75286256D9B003A947A?OpenDocument

Are you doing this install through Remote Desktop? This has also been known to cause similar issues.

Is this same error the error encountered when trying to repair or uninstall through Control Panel? Please let me know if you have any further information that may help us troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,509 Views)

Hi Emily,

I have McAfee version 4.6.03122 running. THis is IS controlled, so I have no authority to halt or change it. The same is true for my other PC's so I am not sure if this would be the problem or not. Yes, I do see the same error when I am installing/ uninstalling through Control Panel. I also see Error 1623 on occassion when trying to repir.

I have Labview 2010 and 2012 running - development suite and professional.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-JD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,503 Views)

Hi JD,

Have you tried installing as Administrator? You could try and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, disabling the virus software is the most important troubleshooting step to try. You'll need to get in touch with IS and see if they can disable it for you. 

Regards,

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,484 Views)