From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant Graph

Hey folks.

So im new to LabView and have run into a little issue.
When i want to get a graph via the DAQ assistant i do get that but when i use N samples it shows the entire waveform and when i use Continuous Samples it like Zooms in and follows it very close. I want to see the entire waveform/signal like i do when i graph N samples.

Any idea on how to fix this problem?
Hope u are able to understand the problem! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(689 Views)

Hi Tartelette,

@Tartelette wrote:

When i want to get a graph via the DAQ assistant i do get that but when i use N samples it shows the entire waveform and when i use Continuous Samples it like Zooms in and follows it very close. I want to see the entire waveform/signal like i do when i graph N samples.

So you read a waveform from DAQAssistent and you can show it in a waveform graph, do you?

And now you want to append the waveform for each iteration of your loop? Maybe you should look in the waveform function palette -> analog wfm -> Append…

In the long run this probably creates new problems because you may create very large waveforms (or arrays of samples), which will slow down the graph and your whole VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(683 Views)

Well basically i want the graph to show Peak to Peak amplitude and 1 or more period. But instead it zooms really close to the signal and follows it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(655 Views)

Hi Tartelette,

@Tartelette wrote:

Well basically i want the graph to show Peak to Peak amplitude and 1 or more period. But instead it zooms really close to the signal and follows it. 

Well basically you should try to use the "append waveforms" function to build a larger plot from your smaller waveforms…

What have you tried so far?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(632 Views)