LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assist

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created control panel VIs using DAQ Assist in Labview 8.6. IT has forced replacement computers using windows 7 as an operating system. I installed Labview 2012 on the new PC and the DAQ assist files are throwing errors and will not open up in labview 2012. The rest of the vi found the .llb files and seems happy. Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to fix this issue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(3,487 Views)

So, what are the errors? The text file contains normal warnings that can be ignored.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(3,467 Views)

The errors upon opening the VI are all in the DAQ Assist. I found one of them and fixed it.

The one item left is -unnamed_task  for my custom scales that I created. Do you know where the custom scale libary is located? I hope that is a file I can copy from the old PC over to the new.

If not, I can recreate them. The problem there is that the DAQ assist will not open up in the vi so that I can edit it.

Any ideas?

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(3,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris503

Go to MAX and under File, select Export. Copy that exported file over to the new pc and select Import from MAX.

Message 4 of 30
(3,444 Views)

(Hmmm seredipity?)

Of course, if you had saved the Tasks Scales and Chanels to your project (*.lvproj) where they are used you would be golden!

Just drag n-drop from MAX to Project explorer.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(3,436 Views)

Or used the DAQmx functions in the VI and defined everything there.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(3,433 Views)

The problem is that the old PC is no longer available. This was a forced IT upgrade from a Windows XP PC to a Windows 7 PC. I had a small window of time to install software. When the VIs would work, I gave up the old PC. Is there anyway to fix this now without the old files? Or do I need to simply start all over with new VIs? 

I hope there is a way to fix, because there a lot of VIs to be fixed so that we can open and edit the DAQ Assists.

There is no issue with the VI functionality. The only issue we have is being able to open the DAQ Assist and edit channel assignments or conversion maps.

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(3,056 Views)
You can change the device name in MAX to match what your code is expecting. You can also recreate the custom scales in MAX. The scaling should have been documented some place. Did you never do asimple backup of the old pc? Perhaps the sensor documentation would help? You really need to provide better information.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(3,053 Views)

The old PC was backed up. However, this upgrade took place about 14 months ago. I am the only one doing this work and was pulled away to do other things. Since the VIs work, the issue with the DAQ Assist was considered a small problem. In the mean time because we did not go and pull anything from the exact PC backup, IT was deleted that info. All we have left is a file backup on our network drive.

The issue we are having is that the DAQ Assist in the VIs that were created in Labview 8.5 can not be edited. We can not open them and change channel assignments, or transfer functiions. We can make changes to the maps in NI-DAQmx Scales directory. These scales are representatives of sensors on engines. However, if we need to change the sensor type, we can not go into the DAQ Assist and edit that information.

I tried to reqreate the DAQ Assists by deleting the ones that were in the existing VIs and using a DAQ assist in the new version on Labview. However, the DAQ Assist that I pull off the tool pallette does not have any connections in them. They will not open, they do not pop up the window that asks for the programmer to edit the tasks. They are like empty shells with no VI behind them. 

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(3,033 Views)
What version of LabVIEW did you upgrade to and what version of DAQmx do you have installed? Is the version of DAQmx compatible?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(3,017 Views)