LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assist

Solved!
Go to solution

Are you trying to work with the DAQ assistants with both LV 8.5 and LV 12 installed on the same PC?

I'm thinking that once you installed LV12 and the DAQmx version that is compatibile with that, you lost drivers that worked with LV8.5.  That's why you are getting empty shells, or not being able to edit the ones that already exist.

See DAQmx and LabVIEW Version Compatibility.

I think if you installed LV 8.5 on a different PC and installed DAQmx between versions 8.6.1 and 9.3, you'd be able to open those DAQ assistants to see their setup.  Then once you know that, you can setup the LabVIEW 12 VI' according which are using DAQmx version between versions 9.5.5 and 14.2

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(755 Views)

Thanks for your reply

I am trying to work with the DAQ assistants with LV 12, these DAQ's are originally build in LV 8.5. 

I am using the Same PC, which has been Upgraded from LV 8.5 to LV 2012. This version is updated with enough add-ons and updates suggested by NI. I have not updated DAQmax, I thought it would come up with Add-ons and updates given by NI.

I think you are right, Might be compatibility issue. How can I fix this. I dont have option for another PC. Is there any other way to fix it by using the same PC. 

How can we check the DAQ version, which is not editable ?

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(737 Views)

Look in MAX to see what version of DAQmx you have installed.

I find it hard to believe you can't install a matching version of LabVIEW and DAQmx on another PC so you can load your VI's and inspect the DAQ Assistant properties.

If you are stuck on one PC.  Install LabVIEW 8.5 and the version of DAQmx that works with that.  Document your VI and inspect all your DAQ Assistants.  then install LabVIEW 12 and the DAQmx that works with that.  Load your code and fix everything you need to fix in your DAQ Assistants.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(735 Views)

Upgraded to LV 2012, I am not sure about DAQmx version, Is there any way to check the version ? 

Trying to work with LV 12, Now its not editable.  

Note: DAQ's are originally build in LV 8.5.   

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(733 Views)

Did you read my earlier message that had the link to the compatibility matrix between DAQmx and LabVIEW versions?

Did you read my last message where I said to check MAX  (short for Measurement and Automation Explorer) to see what version of DAQmx you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(730 Views)

NI max version is 5.3 and LV 2012 (32 bit)

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(726 Views)

No.  That is the version of MAX.

You need to open up MAX.  Look under Software.  Find DAQmx.  Look at what version of DAQmx you have.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(719 Views)

Got it. Please see the screen shot

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(717 Views)
Now that you know that you installed the wrong version of DAQmx, you should be downloading and installing a version that does work with your version of LabVIEW. Post back if that does not fix your problem.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(699 Views)

Now you have your answer.  Look up 9.3.5 in the compatibility matrix.  It is too new for LabVIEW 8.5.  Too old for LabVIEW 2012.  It only works for 8.6, 2009, 2010, 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(698 Views)