LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assist to block diagram code

Solved!
Go to solution

RIGHT-CLICK THE BLUE BOX.    Then Select OPEN FRONT PANEL.   It worked fine for me.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,189 Views)

ok. 

now it works!

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

thank you so much everyone!!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,187 Views)

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy   

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,184 Views)
Jffe Bohrer wrote
YES!  right click the DAQ Assistant select "Generate code"

@super_saiyans wrote:

yes...

thats what i thought would happen before too but i am using version 2014 and it doesnt show?

Untitled.png

Well, you DO need to configure the express vi before those options are shownSmiley Wink  Unless you configure the DAQ Assitant there is no way to determine how to convert it to code!

Hmmm.... unconfigured DAQ Assistants probably should break the caller (Or at least show a warning)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 24 of 26
(1,154 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Hmmm.... unconfigured DAQ Assistants probably should break the caller (Or at least show a warning)

Good point Jeff.  That explains a lot of the confusion in this thread.  

I have never used the DAQ Assistant but after playing with it a bit this morning I see your point.  It's actually not a bad way to jump start your DAQ code either.  I set up a multi-channel system with the Assistant, converted it, and it did a very nice job  of generating the DAQmx code for me.  Very convenient.  Of course I would still never just use the DAQ Assistant (or Express VIs) since their output is that ridiculous DDT.  Plus, like many programmers I'm kind of a control freak who likes to know what's going on under the hood. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,137 Views)

<script src="http://www.ni.com/widgets/pnx/1.0/js/up-data.js"></script> NIquist,

can i see your code work this morning with daq assistant. i am not able to set up multichannels. 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,127 Views)