From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Teststand UI: Preload Module Hangs when using DoClick Method

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

i have a problem regarding my custom Teststand UI. When i start my sequence Using the Test UUTs Entry Point (Entry Point 1 Button) everything works fine. But when i want to start my sequence with the DoClick Method on the Entry Point 1 Button, the sequence hangs at the "Preload Modules" Step.

What could be the issue of this problem ? I always thought the DoClick Method really simulates a Click on the Button ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Stevie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,348 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StevieP

Dear Stevie,

try putting the DoClick method into a SubVI and configure its preferred execution system to something other than "User Interface" or "Same as Caller".

More information can be found here:

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsapiref/infotopics/lv_preferred_exec/

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,237 Views)

Could you try using the execute method instead?  I have an example below.  My guess is if that doesn't work either, there's a problem with the sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,230 Views)

Dear Andreas,

thank you for your answer. After i got no answer in the forum, i contacted the technical service, and they had the exact same solution for me and it worked. I forgot to post this answer in the topic, i'm sorry.

Best regards,

Stevie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,207 Views)