cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Teststand UI: Preload Module Hangs when using DoClick Method

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

i have a problem regarding my custom Teststand UI. When i start my sequence Using the Test UUTs Entry Point (Entry Point 1 Button) everything works fine. But when i want to start my sequence with the DoClick Method on the Entry Point 1 Button, the sequence hangs at the "Preload Modules" Step.

What could be the issue of this problem ? I always thought the DoClick Method really simulates a Click on the Button ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Stevie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,315 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StevieP

Dear Stevie,

try putting the DoClick method into a SubVI and configure its preferred execution system to something other than "User Interface" or "Same as Caller".

More information can be found here:

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsapiref/infotopics/lv_preferred_exec/

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,204 Views)

Could you try using the execute method instead?  I have an example below.  My guess is if that doesn't work either, there's a problem with the sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,197 Views)

Dear Andreas,

thank you for your answer. After i got no answer in the forum, i contacted the technical service, and they had the exact same solution for me and it worked. I forgot to post this answer in the topic, i'm sorry.

Best regards,

Stevie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,174 Views)