LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating model with Control and Design LV2009

Hello,

I'm trying to make a PI control model with Control and Design in labview 2009. I'm tyring to create the following transferfunction:

D(z)=Kp+((Kp*Ki)/(1-z^-1))

But labview adds by itself an extra z^-1 in the Numerator

See the attachment what I have tried. I first want to create 1+(1/(1-z^-1)). What I'm I doing wrong ?

Greetz,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,537 Views)

Jeroen,

The two expressions "1+(1/(1-z^-1))" and "(2-z^-1)/(1-z^-1)" are equivalent to one another.  They just have the terms rearranged.  Since LabVIEW expresses a transfer function as a numerator and denominator, it is drawing the function as "(2-z^-1)/(1-z^-1)".  You aren't doing anything wrong.

Chris M 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,504 Views)

Ah, stupid off me. Matlab gives the same awnser.

Another question, how do I implant in control and design a Saturation block ? In Simulation there is a standard block but nog for control and design.

I'm trying to determine de P an I values for an embedded PI motor controller.

Message Edited by JvdM on 03-07-2010 01:14 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,496 Views)

Jeroen,

The Control Design VIs create transfer functions, state-space, and zero-pole-gain models, which are all linear, time invariant (LTI).  Since saturation is nonlinear, it cannot be represented by an LTI model.  I suggest using a saturation block in a simulation loop.

Chris M 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,476 Views)
And can I transform the Control Vi's to simulation VI's ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,465 Views)

You can use CD Convert Control Design to Simulation VI to convert from Control Design to Simulation

convert VI.PNG

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,439 Views)