cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an executable build for eurotherm instrument driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has or can create an executable build from the instrument driver for the eurotherm 3216 Temperature Monitoring Control vi.

I have downloaded the file from the NI website http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7F14CDCB24923797E04400144F1EF8... 

It runs fine when I run the VI from the project explorer, but the moment I create an executable build and load the application, I constantly get this error, Error 7 occured at open File+.vi:Open File.

I will be glad if someone can help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,019 Views)

If you upload some code it will help us to understand, I think Error 7 is related to some file missing from expected path.

This may run properly when you run VI, because all file are at specified location but when you create executable the path may not be same.

Make sure your run time path should be properly assigned.

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,013 Views)

Hi,

This is my simple code using the driver. You may have to download the driver from the NI website first using this link http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7F14CDCB24923797E04400144F1EF8... and then unzip my file and run the Eurotherm Temperature Control Monitoring vi from the project.

This will work fine without the Error 7 popping up. But when I create an executable buld and run the application, I get the Error 7.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,991 Views)

Duplicate thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Create-an-executable-build-for-eurotherm-inst...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,976 Views)

Hi  

Thanks, I will take a look at your solution as well. However what risk will this have on the driver?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,968 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dexterpoet

dexterpoet wrote:

However what risk will this have on the driver?

Mostly you having to maintain the driver and making sure that update is put on every machine that could possibly need it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(2,963 Views)

Hi  

Thanks.

I have modified that particular vi and the executable build now runs on my development pc. The next step is to now build an installer and try it on a stand alone pc. As it is close of work here, I cannot try this on a stand alone pc today so will have to give you feedback on Monday.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,947 Views)