LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a 2D array with random numbers

Yup, my head is in the toilet, i leave for France in 3 hours.  Here, this should be the right one.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,258 Views)

hello, i am very interested in your .vi because me too i want to create a 2d array with random values. please can you reattach your correct .vi ??

there is an error with your last file...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,362 Views)

this post is 5 years old .. please let those old post sleep, unless you have something substantial to contribute .. and btw there is nothing wrong with the vi

here is a snippet, from that you should be able to do it yourself

random-2d-array.png

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 13 of 16
(2,351 Views)

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,340 Views)

@Angela93 wrote:

hello, i am very interested in your .vi because me too i want to create a 2d array with random values.

You need to be much more specific. The above answer will give you equally distributed random values in the range 0..1 This is usually not very suitable for physical problems.

If you for example want to add random noise to a 2D array, you should use this function with the number of samples as the product of the dimensions, then reshape to the desired 2D array at the end. See how far you get.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(2,325 Views)

@jwscs wrote:

and btw there is nothing wrong with the vi

Yes, there is (at least with the VI name)! 😄 When using chrome on windows 10, it cannot be downloaded (network error).. Same for the VI in the first posts. My guess is that there are certain characters in the file name that confuse the browser and mess up the URL. I have notified the moderator, maybe they can be renamed.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(2,324 Views)