From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TDMS Reference - Error 7

Hi all,

I am following the example of 'Dynamically Creating New Files' in the cRIO Developers Guide (P53) but I am getting an error suggesting the path I create is not correct;

TDMS Ref Error 7.JPG

The strange thing is.. if I create an indicator of the File Path (19), change to constant and rewire, the error disappears;

TDMS Ref OK.JPG

Any idea what the issue could be?  It has me stumped Smiley Sad

Cheers,

Pete

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,729 Views)

What happens if you only concatenate the filename and build that with the path "c:\"

That is what I always do.  I never put the entire path as a string...

Buildpath.png

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
Message 2 of 6
(2,724 Views)

Hmm... I tried on my end and no error is generated. Have you tried pulling just that code out and putting in a new VI to see if it happens?

Message 3 of 6
(2,722 Views)

Thanks for your replies.  A combination Smiley Wink

No Error.png

This works with no error.

I restarted my application, re-deployed the host and it works!  It would be interesting to know why it didn't before.. I had been playing around with this for a while, so I possibly didn't close an old reference to "tempdata0".. who knows

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,713 Views)
Hi, There is no need for the sequence, is there
Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,710 Views)

Good point Smiley Very Happy

It's included in my application as I'm also starting the FPGA and initialising some controls in the first sequence.

Pete

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,705 Views)