From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash in drawmgr.cpp at line 836

I use LabView 6.0.2 on a Win 95 computer, Pentium 100.

I wrote the attached VI to store the actual system time in seconds since 1904 on harddisk. It is used in a long term measrument and allows me to resart a measuremnet correctly.
It uses Open/Create/Replace File, Write File+ (string), Close File+ in this sequence to store the number allways in the same file. The olf file is always replaced.
The code is within a sequence structure of the main program.
When the sequence is executed 3 times LabView 6.0.2 crashes with the message "Error in drawmgr.cpp at line 836", and then "exeption #32739".
The file containes the actaual time, while probe or other indicators show the previous value.

Any help would be appriciated.

B
ernd
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,492 Views)
Right off hand I would say the VI itself is corrupted as I can't even open it on my machine. Trash this copy of it and try recovering it from a backup--or just rebuild it.

Mike...
mporter@arielcorp.com

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,492 Views)
When I attached the VI it was corrupted for some reason. I try again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,492 Views)
I have written a small test program that calls your function over and over again at about 1 second intervals. So far it has run over 2000 iterations with no problem. How fast are you writing to the file?

Your code itself looks good, the only (admittedly minor) changes I might make would be to first reverse the order of the subtraction and the multiplication--of course adjusting the amount you are subtracting... Doing math on very large or very small numbers can cause rounding errors. Especially on a Windows machine. The only other thing would be to bring out the error clusters from the file io.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,492 Views)
There are problems with the first attachment. Here is the complete VI. Sorry
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5