From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Probe Data To Notepad

Hi everyone, 

A lot of times when debugging code I want to copy probe data to notepad (text file).  I right click on the probe data I want to copy and select "Copy Data" but when I try to paste the data into a text file it doesn't paste.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,773 Views)

"Paste" the data from the probe watch window to a blank vi Block diagram rather than notepad..

Actually that's probably a little known feature of the PWW.  But it works wellSmiley Surprised

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 6
(4,766 Views)

Thanks Jeff Bohrer.  Sometimes though you want to send this information over to someone else while trying to debug code.  Is there a way to pull the data from the Probe window and into notepad?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,734 Views)

Not that I am aware of but, That's what gotomeeting is for.  get someone esle right on your machine

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 6
(4,707 Views)

You might vote for this idea - Right-clic​k -> Copy Data should copy TEXT data

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 5 of 6
(4,681 Views)

Hi all,

I'm no expert and as I regularly rely on the many good folks on these forums to help me out, I thought I'd take the opportunity to share how solved this as I don't often have much to contribute.

My approach...  "Copy Data" from a right click on the probe...  paste it into blank VI... wire it to "Write to Spreadsheet File VI"... gave it a filename...  and run it.  Then opened the resulting file in Notepad and begin copying and pasting to your hearts content.

Cheers, Iain

Message 6 of 6
(4,110 Views)