LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Probe Data To Notepad

Hi everyone, 

A lot of times when debugging code I want to copy probe data to notepad (text file).  I right click on the probe data I want to copy and select "Copy Data" but when I try to paste the data into a text file it doesn't paste.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,777 Views)

"Paste" the data from the probe watch window to a blank vi Block diagram rather than notepad..

Actually that's probably a little known feature of the PWW.  But it works wellSmiley Surprised

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 6
(4,770 Views)

Thanks Jeff Bohrer.  Sometimes though you want to send this information over to someone else while trying to debug code.  Is there a way to pull the data from the Probe window and into notepad?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,738 Views)

Not that I am aware of but, That's what gotomeeting is for.  get someone esle right on your machine

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 6
(4,711 Views)

You might vote for this idea - Right-clic​k -> Copy Data should copy TEXT data

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 5 of 6
(4,685 Views)

Hi all,

I'm no expert and as I regularly rely on the many good folks on these forums to help me out, I thought I'd take the opportunity to share how solved this as I don't often have much to contribute.

My approach...  "Copy Data" from a right click on the probe...  paste it into blank VI... wire it to "Write to Spreadsheet File VI"... gave it a filename...  and run it.  Then opened the resulting file in Notepad and begin copying and pasting to your hearts content.

Cheers, Iain

Message 6 of 6
(4,114 Views)