LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy project breaks class variables

Solved!
Go to solution

Most of the things you described I have already learnt (the hard way). I have never experienced the constant-typedef  issue until now, but since I now know what is happening I can work around it.

Your last post nicely describes a few steps which should be followed.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(512 Views)

If you look at clusters as objects, it's just a small step away from OO.

I have >3000 VIs, and a hand full of clusters at most. Well, I have clusters, but they're in the private data of classes.

Classes define type and behavior. The behavior (that can be inherited) is the big bonus OO provides. A side effect is that classes are always in memory when the project is loaded. That works well for me; if somethings is broken, I'll know because it's in memory. And when something is changed, everything is updated because everything is in memory.

It took me 8 years to take the leap, and 1 weeks to start appreciating it, 1 month to love it...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(506 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

If you look at clusters as objects, it's just a small step away from OO.

I have >3000 VIs, and a hand full of clusters at most. Well, I have clusters, but they're in the private data of classes.

Classes define type and behavior. The behavior (that can be inherited) is the big bonus OO provides. A side effect is that classes are always in memory when the project is loaded. That works well for me; if somethings is broken, I'll know because it's in memory. And when something is changed, everything is updated because everything is in memory.

It took me 8 years to take the leap, and 1 weeks to start appreciating it, 1 month to love it...

We also extensively use OO as well. I didn't suggest that because it seems to scare most folks off. However, once you understand it is very powerful. Definitely worth taking the time to learn.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(488 Views)