LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting FPGA time to UTC and logging the time along with Sample values onto the TDMS file

Hi,

In my application I am trying to log the data along with the timestamps in microseconds resolution.

The components of the project are

1:NI cRIO 9030 controller

2:NI 9223 ADC

I have used 'NI Time Sync FPGA Timekeeper' VI for timestamping. I am able to log the data with the timestamps in terms of FPGA time onto the PC using Network Streams.

The concern now is to convert the FPGA time into UTC . I am using the 'FPGA to Labview Time.VI' from the 'NI Time Sync FPGA Timekeeper' to obtain the timestamp value and later am converting it into microseconds resolution but the issue is that on the host PC I have values of the sample values in the form of array and the timestamp values are too in the form of array . However, to convert FPGA to Labview time the VI accepts data in the form of individual elements the process of indexing elements using For loop on the PC too causes issues while logging data.

I have enclosed the snapshot of my VI along with the Time keeper VI. In the host VI all the points are not getting logged onto the TDMS file. I think I am using the Queues incorrectly and if this is the correct approach?

Could you please suggest?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,417 Views)

Hi,

Please find attached the FPGA Timekeeper VI. The FPGA to Labview Time VI can be located here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,411 Views)

Next time please use a descriptive subject line. Since this is the LabVIEW forum, every single thread is about LabVIEW.

(EDIT: Thanks for changing the subject to something different than just "labview". Much better now!)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,408 Views)