From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory leak in subpanel

Hello Guys I have hit a brick wall , I finished 2 VI which are used to control a training module for my college, the problem is that they asked me to use them on a sub panel and thats where Im lost.

Each VI runned on its own uses 200-350 MB of ram in prolonged use, but as soon as I add them to the VI the consumption rises to 3 GB. I will add the diagram code of each of the VI im using

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,048 Views)

Sounds like you have a memory leak but without seeing what's going on in the other cases of your code it's not possible to see where the problem is.

Memory leaks usually occur when you have a loop that either continuously builds an array or opens references (e.g. device, .NET, VI) but doesn't close them.

The desktop execution trace toolkit is a great way of seeing where references are created and left open.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,045 Views)

Yea Let me add the VIs, in there you have both VI and controls and the VI using for calling them 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,024 Views)

Hello guys Found the solution to the problem will be posting soon 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,990 Views)

I'm curios to what the problem was.  Could you please post your solution?

Thanks.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,843 Views)