From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 2D array with variable dimensions for Mixed Signal Graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have a 2D array with, for example, 5 signals with each 100 data points (so a 5x100 array). 

I want to show each array on a mixed signal graph. I have a solution which works for this problem (see attachment).

My problem is that the number of signals, and thus the 2D array size is variable. So the next time I run the VI, the array can be, for example, a 6x200 array. In this case I can't show all 6 plots on the mixd signal graph with my working solution. 

I was looking for a "2D array to cluster" function in Labview (see attachment) but unfortunally this is not available (maybe a tip for the developers  Smiley Wink). 

Is there anyone who has a working solution for my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

example.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,922 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandts

Why can't you just wire them straight together?  Mixed Signal Graphs take a 2D array type as an input.

Straight.png

Randall Pursley
Message 2 of 3
(2,896 Views)

Thanks for the tip. How easy can it be Smiley Happy

I tried this solution before but then Labview came up with an error so I never looked at it again. Now I realize this was due to the fact that I used a local variable somewhere else in the VI. By changing this in the original VI it works like i want it to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,873 Views)