05-03-2006 11:55 AM
05-04-2006 02:49 PM
What happens if you run the executable on your machine after changing the screen resolution? Also, check out the VI Properties for this VI. Look in File>>VI Properties>>Window Size and notice whether or not the checkboxes on proportion and scale are checked. Finally, have you set any of the front panel objects to scale with the front panel? You do this by right-clicking on the object and checking "Scale Object with Pane"?
Let us know,
05-04-2006 02:56 PM
If the boolean is set to size with the text
the font on the questionalbe machine is "weird" (unknown font, bad size, large font, etc)
that may exaplin this behaviour.
05-13-2006 12:19 AM
05-15-2006 12:44 PM
Have you tried using a custom control for this Boolean? To customize, right-click and go to Advanced>>Customize. You can then change the properties of the boolean and save it as a .ctl file. I'd be curious to see if a custom control was stretched/distorted the same way a normal Boolean was. By the way, what version of LV are you using and what is the screen resolution on your laptop?
05-29-2006 06:23 PM
Problem is apparently due to the fact that I initiated the process with a boolean constant (as noted in first post) on the block diagram instead of by creating a boolean control on the front panel. When I use a boolean control the problem is resolved.
05-30-2006 09:54 AM
Thanks for posting the update. I'm a little unclear on the situation which led to the problem. I see that you started with a boolean constant, but how did you create the front panel control which you resized? If you simply right-clicked on the constant and selected "Change to control", the behavior shouldn't be any different than if you had started with the control itself.
05-30-2006 04:41 PM
I have had similiar issues when I had a boolean with Boolean text. The Control resized to be large enough to show "ON" and "OFF" (the boolean text) even though I had it set not visible.
As soon as I went in and deleted the text the issue went away.
05-30-2006 05:08 PM
It is possible that the original problem I had went away when I unchecked the "Lock text in center" and "Multiple strings" selections in the appearance properties even though I had previously unchecked "Show Boolean Text".
I will try to recreate the problem and confirm.