From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous DAQ issues

Solved!
Go to solution

I wrote a program that I am using to obtain continuous measurements from a load cell using the DAQ assistant (attached). I want to measure load values every 0.5 sec and save each value using the write to measurement file. I'm having a couple issues with getting the output file I need. The settings from the DAQ assistant are:

-Continuous Measurement

-2 Hz sample rate

-1800 samples 

-and a timeout of 900 seconds

I want to be able to hit stop at any time during and have the program end. However, what happens is the program continues to run until the 900 seconds is finished. Is this because I specified to get 1800 samples? If I leave the field blank it sets a number itself. I read somewhere that setting a value of -1 allows an infinite number of samples, but that returned an error.

Another issue I'm having is if I allow the program to run past the timeout that I set, it inserts a header after every timeout sequence. I can't figure out what is with wrong with my code, thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,251 Views)

Forgot to attach my vi:

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author salnim

Basic arithmetic. 1800 Samples/2Samples/sec = 900 seconds.

Why collect so many samples at once? Reduce the number of samples to 2 and you only have to wait 1 second for  the Stop button to be recognized.

If you don't want a header for each segment, then uncheck that in the Write to Measurement File configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,231 Views)

Dennis that worked perfectly- Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,194 Views)

So that fixed the issue- and now I want to be able to name the headers in my lvm file. I'm using Labview 8.0, and I'm trying to use the convert to waveform datatype and set the waveform attribute, to name the inputs, but I couldn't find the waveform datatype convert. Where can I find it? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,186 Views)