From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Error NI Data dashboard android app

Solved!
Go to solution

I have made a project and vi on it.I made a shared variable and deployed it successfully.I am interested to pass that variable through my wireless router to android app (NI data dashboard).I am unable to connect it as when it ask me the server adress on my phone  I plugged the adress 44.0.1.5  but still a message of connection error pops up.My router IP is 192.168.1.2 and even still connection error message  appears.I have turned off my firewall and still......in short i want to see the value on my android app.Check it out the images I have attached.How to connect to shared variable made on my pc and to see it on phone?1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Message 1 of 10
(4,870 Views)

Hey Sets,

What error do you get when you try to connect from Data Dashboard?  After you select the space to add an indicator you should be able to select connect to a shared variable.  Once you do that you should be able to add the IP of the computer and then you should see the available variables. Is then when you run into a connection error?  Or are you able to see/connect to the server just not the variables that you have deployed?

KiraT

Message 2 of 10
(4,850 Views)
Probably I m plugging the wrong ip
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,828 Views)

check it out the images.I feel the problem is with the network or ip.The shared variable is successfully deployed on 40.0.1.5.My pc ip is automatic for internet and my router ip is 192.168.1.1.I don,t know what does server means.For me it is my computer when I am accessing the shared variable on android app on my phone.What do u  suggest in the light of my current and previous attachments?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,818 Views)

Hey sets,

Lets make sure that we are on the same page with your setup.  What is the IP address of the compter where the shared variables are being hosted?  If you go into the command line and enter the command ipconfig what is your IPv4 address?  

That is the IP address that you have to enter into Data Dashoard to connect to the shared variables.  

We should also check to make sure that the shared variables have successfully deployed.  One way to do that is to look in the NI Distributed Systems Manager.  This application should give you a list of all of the systems that you have access to and will list the different libraries of variables that you have deployed.  Do you see your library here?

Hope this helps get you up and running!

KiraT

Message 5 of 10
(4,789 Views)

Hi!

From your questions I managed to extract an answer of my query but the problem still exist.My PC IP is 192.168.1.8 which I am plugging in my android app at phone.It gets connected and show me the untitled library 1 under where my shared variable exist shown by distributed system manager too.But when I select untitled library 1 or tap it, it shows unsupported variable.I am writing a single element in DBL format on my PC.Right now I am feeling the the issue lies in the opening of UDP port 2343 I mean firewall.Although I have disabled it but u know what I mean shared variable is not displayed on my phone inside the app.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,758 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sets

Hey Sets,

Have you reviewed this article for hardware and software firewalls configurations?

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12402/en/

Frank R.

Message 7 of 10
(4,734 Views)

Hi!

well i managed to obtain results on the app but the values are changed real slow.When I change the value in my computer, the value changes on my android app in phone after 5 sec approx.What could be the probable reason for that.Second what is that yellow indication just below my indicator.See the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,718 Views)

Hey Sets,

Check these links about the Data Dashboard update rate:

Data Dashboard Update Rates

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

Regards 

Frank R.

Message 9 of 10
(4,678 Views)

Hi sets,

Your block diagram looks like you are writing to your shared variable as fast as your computer can run a while loop.  Try adding a Wait (ms) node to the loop with a 200 constant wired to it.

The yellow warning indicates that there is a connection problem.

Cheers,

Brandon

Message 10 of 10
(4,668 Views)