LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting USB device with labview

If they can't provide you with a 64-bit version of the DLL that you got from them, then nobody else can.

(Well if you are willing to pay a premium I'm sure you could find someone who will reverse engineer your DLL and create new source code to compile it as 64-bit version but I know a lot more exciting ways to spend my time with, than to do such useless things Smiley Very Happy)

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(735 Views)

HAHA, looks like it's going to be a very hard job getting that ported to 64-bit without any input from the people who actually know what it's supposed to do......

I don't actually understand why my response created such a funny moment, but I'm glad to bring joy to people.  I've tried to join in with this reply, I don't know if I have managed. Text communication is actually very low-fidelity when it comes to emotional context, especially when multiple cultures are involved.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(730 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for you time and replies...

p.s. laugh was just because producer of device isn't able to provide new dll (will be hard job to find new one), not related with your post...

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(704 Views)

Hello all,

i decided to use VISA for connecting my USB device. I have some progress, i can write data to device succesfuly, but i am still unable to read.

I think that there is a problem with setting up BULK IN PIPE.

I tried to connect USB Raw, bulk in, but when I connect it, it said NODE INVALID PROPERTY.

In MAX said that there is no bulki n pipe present!

Please check attachments.

Can somebody advise about this.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(668 Views)

There are other transmission modes available on USB such as interrupt or isochronous endpoints. While it is unlikely that your instrument uses isochronous channels for data transfer (they are best suited for high speed streaming channels such as video streams from cameras or audio streams) it's definitely a feasable idea that your device might choose to react with USB interrupt messages when you send it some command

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(660 Views)

Hello,

Ok... Can you please explain more closly how to implement this. Maybe some example...

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(654 Views)

No sorry. I never implemented raw USB communication in LabVIEW. I did some low level tinkering with USB communication in C using directly the Windows APIs but that is an entirely different beast and different enough that this knowledge doesn't translate easily to the NI-VISA USB Raw interface.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(645 Views)