From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading from an XML file

Greetings everyone. This is probably a simple task, but I'm really struggling. I am currently trying to read some variables from an XML file, and so far I've been unsuccesful. 

-Already tried JKI's easyXML package (https://vipm.jki.net/package/jki_lib_easyxml), and it's not really been easy.

-The attached XML file does not follow the LabVIEW schema.

-I require only to be able to read the variables, to incorporate them to the running VI, no modifications needed.

I would just like to know, if there's already a standard method of doing this and I'm trying to reinvent the wheel, or if I need some more specific data management. Have also tried using the standard LV XML parser, but that has been even less succesful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,727 Views)

Start with LabVIEW's XML examples in the example finder.  I'm sure you can modify one of them to achieve your goal.  (Make sure to copy the project somewhere so you don't overwrite the stuff that came with LabVIEW.)

I find parsing xml files to be extremely tedious and painful to the point where I'd rather stub my toe on every table leg in my house than to parse an XML file.

Good luck!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 2
(1,703 Views)