cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure simulated device in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am currently trying to use an executable to control some hardware. The .exe has some inbuilt safety limits - it reads some sensors using Digital IO - and if these are in the incorrect state my operation aborts. This works perfectly when I have the system I am working with correctly configured. However we are working on a second system which has the same core hardware but none of the sensors (or the Digitial IO card to read them) fitted.

Ideally I would like to fool the code into seeing that the DAQ card is present and I have done this through creating a simulated device in MAX. However once I shut down MAX and start my code all the Digital IO values flicker on and off. When I run a test panel with my VI already running there is a resource conflict. Has anyone got an idea how I can get the simulated DAQ card to simulate a constant signal of 0V or 5V once MAX is closed?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,161 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DeltaJ

You don't have the ability to set what the simulated board will read. If I recall, it just counts from 00-FF for a port.

Message 2 of 4
(3,156 Views)

Ah that's a pity - I might wander over to the idea exchange to suggest is as I think it would be useful!

Thank you for the quick reply,

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,151 Views)

The idea is up on the DAQ idea exchange board now! Please vote if you think it is worthwhile,

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,147 Views)