cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computation Time on CRIO-9012

Solved!
Go to solution

hello!

I am actually running an algorithm on RT using CRIO-9012 with Memory 60MB and Disk Space 118MB approx.what i have done in recording time is that i used flat sequences.I created three frames of it and placed Time(ms) in 1st and 3rd window.My code in middle frame.Subtracting the the time from 1st and last frame to obtain how much time is taken by my algo.When i single run on the VI created on HOST PC, it takes around 14ms and if i run it on CRIO RT it takes near to same(first deployed then run).VX Works is also running on CRIO RT.I assumed that that the time should be less the time taken on my computer.If i continously run the VI on RT, time moves to 1.2 sec approx.I need to know that if i want to know how to find out the exact computation time taken by my algo when it is deployed on RT?If the memory is enhanced, will it effect the performance?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,061 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sets

@sets wrote:

hello!

I am actually running an algorithm on RT using CRIO-9012 with Memory 60MB and Disk Space 118MB approx.what i have done in recording time is that i used flat sequences.I created three frames of it and placed Time(ms) in 1st and 3rd window.My code in middle frame.Subtracting the the time from 1st and last frame to obtain how much time is taken by my algo.When i single run on the VI created on HOST PC, it takes around 14ms and if i run it on CRIO RT it takes near to same(first deployed then run).VX Works is also running on CRIO RT.I assumed that that the time should be less the time taken on my computer.If i continously run the VI on RT, time moves to 1.2 sec approx.I need to know that if i want to know how to find out the exact computation time taken by my algo when it is deployed on RT?If the memory is enhanced, will it effect the performance?

An RT operating system such as VxWorks isn't a guarantee for faster execution performance, it all depends on how fast the hardware is! This particular cRIO device has a 400MHz processor and 64MB RAM. Compare that with your host pc.

What an RT OS does, is giving hard limits on timinig. That is, you can get a more predictable jitter in your parallell threads/processes, while as in Windows, the thread/process scheduler isn't deterministic.

If anyone sold you that system based on it's execution and processing speed, I would return it.

Br,

/Roger

Message 2 of 2
(2,058 Views)