LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation tools error

Hello 

I'm currently using Labview FPGA 2014, I installed  all the drivers modules and complilation tools as written on the installation manual.

However as I try to build my FPGA target I get this : 

Build windowBuild window

It says that the compilation tools are not installed...

So I tried re-installing those tools, but to no success : 

Compilation install menu.png

Installation report.png

What can I do to build my FPGA?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adèle DUCOIN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,927 Views)

Hi adeled,

That seems a bit strange. A couple of questions to characterize what you're seeing:

• What Operating System are you using? The Xilinx Compile Tools we use with LabVIEW 2014 are not supported on Windows 8 or Windows 10. 
  • Which NI FPGA Target are you working with? Depending on the device, you might need Vivado instead of ISE. See Compatibility between Xilinx Compilation Tools and NI FPGA Hardware (I recommend using the dropdown menu towards the top to select your device and LabVIEW version).
  • Can you run the FPGA Compile Worker from the Start menu?
    • If not, does it exist at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\FPGA\CompileWorker\CompileWorker.exe?
  • The actual Xilinx tools get installed to C:\NIFPGA\programs. Do you see a folder for ISE or a folder for Vivado there?
  • Are your Xilinx Compilation Tools and LabVIEW installation on the same drive? We require that both be installed to the same drive. 
Charlie J.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,878 Views)

Hi

Finally I successfully installed the compilation tools using the service pack CD for Xilinx Compile tools, I’m currently using the program on Windows 7, and the NI FPGA Target I’m working on is the NI PCI 7811R.

But now I’m having this kind of error:

error_access.PNG

Would you know the reason for this kind of error?

Kind regards 

adeled

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,866 Views)

I believe that error occurs when LabVIEW FPGA is unable to access one of the compilation files due to permissions problems or the file being open in another process. For example, a potential cause for this error while compiling FPGA code is that anti-virus software is accessing the files which are generated or called during the compilation process. A simple way to test for this problem is to disable the anti-virus software for the compilation process. Another possible cause is LabVIEW's permissions, which you can test by closing LabVIEW and then opening it by right-clicking and choosing Run As Administrator before compiling.

Charlie J.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,860 Views)