LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to run Radiated Emissions Testing with LabVIEW?

Hello everyone. 

Is it possible to setup/run a DO-160, section 21 Radiated Emissions scan with LabVIEW? I know there is a spectrum analyzer view in LabVIEW, and I am wondering if the data can be captured by having LabVIEW control VBW, RBW, and the sweep rates and record the data. We are looking at the compactDAQ chassis with various voltage/current/etc... modules. We have a spectrum analyzer, the Tektronix RSA306B (USB),  which needs a little work to connect to LabVIEW but it seems possible.

Any recommendations to lead me in the right direction would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,805 Views)

Short answer: Yes it is possible.

Long answer: It will take some work as I did not see any LabVIEW "drivers" or sample code for that particular instrument. But the API Programming Reference has all the commands documented in it that you should need.

BTW: This would not be a project for a beginner...

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 3
(1,767 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I had looked into what it would take to connect that specific analyzer and I think it will most likely be changed with one that is much more LabVIEW friendly. 

I agree, looking at how intricate some of the examples I have seen are, I will not be attempting to set this up with my limited LabVIEW experience. But before investing in the LabVIEW setup, I wanted to verify it will be possible to run a comparable radiated emissions test. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,730 Views)