LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact Rio

Is it possible to connect compact rio embedded controller to the moniter display.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,629 Views)

Hi Hernant,

you can connect your cRIO to a monitor using some wires, it's physically possible.

Would it be useful, when your cRIO doesn't provide a monitor output? No…

(Using some high-speed analog outputs you could fake a VGA signal. Quite some effort, but used for some emulator hardware for old game controllers.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,625 Views)

Why it's not  useful to have moniter output.

Do you have any connection diagram to connect to moniter?

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,622 Views)

A Compact RIO is an I/O controller that includes some on-board processing capabilities to facilitate I/O and allow some control loops to run independently from the main LabVIEW code (running on a PC) that has the User Interface.  It is this "Main" routine that can acquire data via the cRIO and produce the displays that you need -- the cRIO is best thought of as an I/O controller, though one that can handle some processing and Control Loop chores without involving the calling PC.  To put Display processors on this specialized I/O controller would vastly complicate its architecture, and undoubtedly cause a significant speed penalty.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,610 Views)

The cRIO-903X series have Display Port capability and you can enable the embedded display.  This does take resources away from your application and may introduce jitter and resource exhaustion.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,593 Views)

As others have said - some of the CompactRIO chassis have display options (e.g. DisplayPort etc.) so you can connect them to a monitor although I don't think this is used very often.

More commonly, you would write a separate PC application to act as your user interface which communicates with the CompactRIO to send/receive data/commands from the user. You could also use something like Web Services / WebSockets to provide a web-based interface to the CompactRIO.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,564 Views)