cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination Lock using Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I would like to use the Labview to make a 3-digit combination lock, when the password is correct, the green light appears, when the password is wrong, the red light appears. Can someone help me to make the diagram? Thanks.

Best Regards,

po

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,672 Views)

What have you tried so far?  Where are you stuck? 

This sounds like homework.  We can't do your project for you.  But if you have specific questions or problems, then we can help answer them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,665 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author farry1024

Why don't you attach what you have written so far? It does not seem very hard so you should explain what the problem is.

If you have not done anything, start with three numeric controls, an enter button, and a Boolean indicator. The rest should pretty much  write itself.

You might also check out the free tutorials.

p.s. This sounds like a school assignment. Is it?

Message 3 of 15
(6,664 Views)

Would you mind helping me? As I havent learned it but I need to hand in this assignment, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,641 Views)

farry1024 wrote:

Would you mind helping me? As I havent learned it but I need to hand in this assignment, thanks.

It is only you that can solve this assignment. Sit down and relax. Then put down to paper how you would solve this task if you was a combination lock 😉

All you need is on the two palettes shown in the picture

sample.PNG

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 5 of 15
(6,632 Views)

Hi Coq Rouge,

Thanks for your hints, but would you mind providing more hints? As I am a beginner who havent used Labview for long. Thanks.

Best Regards,

farry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,589 Views)

You have 3 front panel controls where the user enters a number.  You compare each one with the code to see if they match.  If digit 1 matches AND digit 2 matches AND digit 3 matches, then you have a valid combination.

With Coq Rouge's images telling you where to look, the descriptive pseudo code I just gave you, and Dennis' links to the LV tutuorials, as a college student, you should be able to figure it out.

If not, don't wait too long before you decide to drop the course so you don't lose too much money.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,584 Views)

Now working in this stage, but seems something with the outer frame

can anyone help? thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,533 Views)

There are functions there that don't have anything to do with your original problem. What is the purpose of the array/search array? What is that function in the second frame? What is the purpose of the writing to the local variables? Your original problem is solved with the code in the first frame.

If you continue to have problems, further explain what it is and instead of some picture, attach the actual VI. If you have LabVIEW 2009, you can attach a snippet. All other pictures are impossible to debug.

p.s. Use the 'Add Attachments' below the message body.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,528 Views)

I need to use both 'key' or 'array' to input the password

if correct, green light 5 sec

if wrong, red light 5 sec

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,523 Views)