Did you mean: 

Code best practice question LV2013

Solved!
Go to solution
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(353 Views)

Thanks Ray -

I am just now trying to get my head around how to use queues and message queues to handle events and as I built theis main vi as I was running through the first two labview courses I didn't really get into the hearty potatoes of it until now. so as I start with the FPGA and realtime I am having to understand more of these deeper concepts. so I guess just give me a little time to work it out on my own and if I need to I will post another best practice thread dealing more with those types ofapplication questions.

As stated this is my first LabVIEW program so I expect there to be errors and not so good things  will need to fix.

Thanks for the link Ravensfan I hadn't found that one yet...

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(349 Views)

Yes, you'll be learning a few more tricks to get the FPGA stuff going.  This forum will be a very good way to learn.

Take the time to cleanup the code and you'll do fine.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(344 Views)

I would recommend looking at a producer/consumer architecture. This model works very well for controlling user interfaces. As mentioned, you will run into issues with having two events structures within the same loop. For starters, you could get into a deadlock where one event structure is waiting for an event that you may never get because you are in the wrong state. It is important to remember that ALL code must complete within a loop before you can go to the next iteration. If you are not careful you could create a situation where your code will get stuck waiting for an event that can never occur.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(324 Views)