From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Integration. LabVIEW

Hi all,
I use LabVIEW for my PhD project.

I want to send the files, and metadata, that I am generating directly to cloud services and from there, I want to share with my professor.

Currently, I am copy and pasting one by one the files and send by email or dropbox. But, it is quite slow and I sometimes I can’t send all the files I would love, and I can only send files, none of the  metadata (which I saved as json in a database).

Does someone know about any cloud platform for LabVIEW which could solve this for me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,676 Views)

LabVIEW supports:

- Sending files via FTP

- POSTing or PUTing data/files via HTTP

- Sending emails via SMTP

- Saving the files directly to a local Dropbox or Google Drive folder on your computer (which is then automatically sync'ed with the 'cloud')

- Saving files to a network drive / server share

- UDP/TCP network protocols

- Calling .NET code libraries

Yes, LabVIEW has lots of options, what do you want to do?

You could also save the JSON metadata as a text file. You could also provide access to the database.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,658 Views)

But , How do I add a comment of the file that I am saving-sharing with my professor? and I dont want to copy and paste all the time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,606 Views)