LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cincinnati sub zero CT32- Dimension 2 controller

Hi,

I having trouble to find drivers/Commands to communicate with Cincinnati sub zero CT32- Dimension 2 controller via RS 232.

Please help me to locate these info.

regards

Jey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,695 Views)

The NI Instrument Driver Network does not have drivers for that device. Unless someone on this forum has written some you will have to write them yourself. It's not that difficult to do, but you will need the programming manual for the device so you know what the commands are. LabVIEW can provide you with a template for it, and there are several articles on the NI site. I would suggest starting here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4359

Another good way to go is to find an instrument driver for a similar instrument, download it, and just modify to suit the instrument you have.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,689 Views)

Thanks..I managed to figured out...............

Thanks again..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,668 Views)

The last sub-zero cab I worked with used a modbus protocol.

You just have to figure out how the registers are mapped.

Ben

PS: it is a very bad idea to reset the controller to factory defaults since the factory default will wipe out the PID setting for the cabinet and you will have to re-tune it yourself (double grrr).

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,658 Views)