cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in LV 8.6 with object placement while pasting from clipboard

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello all,

I noticed a change in behaviour of LV 8.6. When I want to place an object (constant or terminal at block diagram or control at FP) from the clipboard in former versions i could make a click at a certain point and after Ctrl+C the object appeared at this very position. This is useful if you want to place a control in a specific FP- pane or inside a structure on BD. This doesn't work in 8.6 anymore and I find it very annoying to collect the object from the window's center. Is this a bug or didn't I find the appropriate checkbox in the Options- dialog? I understand that it makes it easier for novices, but this very useful feature of predetermined pasting is to much a pity to remove this feature.

Greets, Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,298 Views)

Hi Dave,

I tried what I thought I you said but I did not notice anything weird.

Could you post screen shots with a dialog so we can this confirmed?

Just trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,285 Views)

Hey Dave,

I think there is no option, but in the next LabVIEW it works like befor. So elements will be placed where you clicked.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,292 Views)

Hi Ben,

sorry I wasn't clear enough.I hope the pictures will make it more clearly.

Here you see the selected Bool control which I copy to the clipboard.

In some BD I click at the lower right corner and in former LV- versions the a boolean constant would appear at this point, but...

... in LV 8.6 it always appears centered. So I have to pick it up there and go back to the position I already have been.

Greets, Dave

Message Edited by daveTW on 04-22-2009 06:41 PM
Greets, Dave
Download All
Message 4 of 18
(3,277 Views)

What a diference pictures make!

I was able to duplicate something that fits those screen shots by disabling

Tools >>> Options >>> Environment >>> Allow drop-through clicks.

That option tells LV that when you click on a screen that is not on top that the click should bring that screen to the top AND act as if that screen was on top.

So try checking that setting.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,266 Views)

And here it is in LV 8.5.1:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3. Voilà !!

Especially annoying is the situation, when you want to paste some code snippet from another BD and it appears floating above other code, where there is plenty of free space around.

Greets, Dave

Message Edited by daveTW on 04-22-2009 07:03 PM
Greets, Dave
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,272 Views)

Hi Ben,

I had that setting "checked" (checkmark ON).  And with "OFF" this efect is the same Smiley Sad

Greets, dave

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,269 Views)
Strange, I can  not duplicate your error. Then Left click the mouse before a paste, the paste is locked on the that left click . I am using 8.6 
Message Edited by t06afre on 04-22-2009 07:13 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,267 Views)
I have that on two different computers. And to be honest, I have 8.6.1, not 8.6 as mentioned before.
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,262 Views)

daveTW wrote:
I have that on two different computers. And to be honest, I have 8.6.1, not 8.6 as mentioned before.

"Elvis has just left the building!"

We will have to let someone with 8.6.1 try to duplicate the issue.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,257 Views)