From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the color of a latch boolean

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm currently trying to change the color bindings of each of the latch stages of my boolean button (settings).

It's currently on the "latch when released" mechanical action. The button brings up a popup window that asks for a settings for my current program, however, when I click done or cancel to the pop up, the button color stays in depressed mode  color.

I tried following this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/195C63E6E96FE93386257B9D00493067

to change the color of my latch boolean button, but when I get to the customize window and use the "set color" tool, it won't let me change the color of the latch stages.

Is there a certain process I need to do before I can change the event colors?

Unpressed.PNG Settings button is grey before pressed

Depressed.PNG Stays blue after the pop up window is closed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,095 Views)

Hi Teddy,

are you using controls from the "System" palette? Their colors are set by your OS color settings…

Stays blue after the pop up window is closed.

Because that button is still in TRUE state?

General hint:

It's really hard to debug your VI just from two small images without any code. Why don't you attach a small example VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,089 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Yes. I am using the controls from the "System" palette, is there a way to change the colors from the OS color settings?

I'm not sure with the given attached VI's, you'll be able to run it without some errors as the VI calls for FTP login credentials that I can't attach, but we'll see what happens. In addition, the VI creates a folder under your "C" drive called "Labview FTP Settings" Please remember to remove that folder once debugging is complete. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,080 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TeddyLu

Hi Teddy,

Yes. I am using the controls from the "System" palette, is there a way to change the colors from the OS color settings?

You can change OS colors in the system settings…

(You can even change their look in the Windows system settings.)

I'm not sure with the given attached VI's, you'll be able to run it without some errors

All I needed were those buttons.

I also noticed the behaviour of this "Settings" button. I deleted the button and created a new one - and the problems are gone…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 6
(3,070 Views)

Deleting it did the trick! Thank you!

In addition, can you give me the direction to get the system settings to change the color for these buttons for future references

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,058 Views)

Hi Teddy,

see this:

check.png

(Windows7, system settings, somewhere under "Display" item. Sorry, German Windows…)

There are other places in the system settings as well like options for disabled persons which can influence display settings…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 6
(3,054 Views)