cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number from Arabic to Roman

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to create a program that converts Arabic numbers to Roman numbers. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it. I found a program on the forum that works in the opposite way. But it still doesn't do much for me. Could someone help please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(954 Views)

If you found a program somewhere, you should include a link!!!

If you had searched a little bit more (or just scrolled down in the very same thread!), you might have stumbled across this post instead. 😄

(There is even this idea!)

RomanTester.png

(Note that if this is a homework assignment, you need to fully understand the detailed reason for each code element. Your teacher reads the forum too! 😉 )

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(927 Views)

Thanks! I took it exactly from the topic, unfortunately I missed your post. Do you have an idea how to combine it with a calculator? I count a simple operation, the calculator displays the result and next to it in the Roman form.

For example, such a simple calculator.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(919 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author himek7

@himek7 wrote:

For example, such a simple calculator.

Sorry, I cannot look at your VI, because I don't have LabVIEW 2021. Consider "save for previous" before posting to have a wider audience.

If you have a calculator and want to change it to operate on numbers formatted as roman numerals, all that needs to change is the input and output. All the math should remain in numeric (with the limitation that you can only have positive integers (no fraction, no zero, no negatives, etc.). Most likely, you can re-use 95% of the existing code.

Change the keypad to have only keys for the valid roman symbols and keys for all valid operations.

The hardest part is probably verifying that the input is really a valid roman numeral. For example "IVCM" is not, even though all characters are valid.

Message 4 of 4
(911 Views)