From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change graph date when 'date unused'

So I have some mini-graphs displaying live data with absolute timestamps. Because the graphs are small and only display 24 hours of data - I turn off the extra date line by setting 'date unused' in the properties:

2017-02-27_09-05-47.png

Now if I want to zoom in on the last hour of data, I would change the start of the x-axis to "9:05:41" but as the previous value was 22:05:41 *yesterday* it then shows the last 25 hours of data (i.e. it's still yesterdays date). I can't seem to find a way to change the (hidden) date to today.

How can I change the date when the date is unused? I was wondering if there was maybe a little graph/chart trick I was missing to save me having to try and do it programmatically - I tried copying+pasting but that didn't work.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,317 Views)

Hi Sam,

even when the date is not shown to the user you still have the date in your underlying data!

So instead of plain "09:00" you should provide a value of "1d 09:00" (with "1d" marking the day you want to display…

(Or to put it in a different way: when you want to display the last hour of data you need to set x_min := "x_max - 3600"!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,276 Views)