From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell displacement when editing a table

Solved!
Go to solution

If I insert a table in my front panel from LV controls panel - Silver, and I try to edit some cells, for some reason, editing cell smoothly displaces to the left. After I click enter, cell returns to its original position with new value I edited. It only happens in some specific cells, specially if cell is in center column of table. Other cells do not have this displacement when I enter a new value.

I do not run any VI, it is only when I am creating a new front panel.

I have Labview 2017

Does anyone know why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,203 Views)

Well, I'd have to guess that somehow you set it up that way.  Can you attach a VI (not a picture, but an actual VI!) with a Front Panel having a Table that behaves in the strange way you describe?  There probably is a (hidden) reason that we might be able to figure out and explain ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,158 Views)

Thank you for your support.

I think a video can show problem. I could not upload here but I have a link of video:

https://youtu.be/0vsHkz8KhQY

VI is not running. If I delete all code and just let that specific control, behavior in the same.

I remember that I justified some cells in that control and resized some columns.

Since I copied paste same control several times, I have same issue in all of them in my program. I can replace them one by one for a new one but I would like to know what is the problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,143 Views)

@EDGAR_PLATRONICS wrote:

I remember that I justified some cells in that control and resized some columns.

I am guessing (based on your video, but unable to confirm since I don't have the VI to inspect) that when you "justified some cells", you "mis-justified" the middle column so that "your code is doing what you told it to do, not what you want it to do".  Find where you told it the "wrong thing" and fix it.  If you can't find it, post your code (attach your VI) and we'll help you look.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,134 Views)

Here you have Vi sample. It is in LV 2017

If justify in center cells are left, I would think normal operation is no cell displacement like other cells.

If I copy paste same control, that problem disappears.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,130 Views)

I'm not even at a PC 

Newline.  Show escapes in your table. 

See BS Easy.   

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,123 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I'm not even at a PC 

Newline.  Show escapes in your table. 

See BS Easy.   

I cannot decrypt your post, so others might have problems too. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,115 Views)

Actually I tried to build the same VI into another PC with LV2013

I used a Silver Table into a Silver Cluster. No code, only controls. No need to run VI.

I justified whole Table center and adjusted column size to have only 3 colums

I did it 2 times and I had same issue in one of them

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,110 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EDGAR_PLATRONICS

Yes, I see the same problem in LabVIEW 2018, but only if the table is inside the cluster.

The size of the offset can be changed by moving the cluster to a different offset from the left cluster boundary.

I would call this a bug*. (From some casual tests, seemingly specific to silver controls)

(I guess it calculates some positions from the left cluster border instead of the table border.)

*I made an entry in the monthly bug thread.

Message 9 of 17
(3,106 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,099 Views)